Baytril or Cipro?

Just an fyi all the sulfa i have seen the medicine requires breaks in between treatments. The 10 day sulfa treatment is supposed to be 3 on, 2 off, 3 on. I have read that is a requirement for the medicine to properly work against the cocci but i do not have the source. Here is my bottle, and the instructions for the treatment of cocci. It is possible a vet error, but lets hope your hen makes it.
Screenshot_20220124-232407_Gallery.jpg

Just an fyi all the sulfa i have seen the medicine requires breaks in between treatments. The 10 day sulfa treatment is supposed to be 3 on, 2 off, 3 on. I have read that is a requirement for the medicine to properly work against the cocci but i do not have the source. Here is my bottle, and the instructions for the treatment of cocci. It is possible a vet error, but lets hope your hen makes it.
Screenshot_20220124-232407_Gallery.jpg
Here in the US, when sulfa drugs are prescribed for bacterial infections, they are prescribed for at least 7 consecutive days.

@casportpony

Since I have you here, could you answer me something?

I'm mixing up the kaytee food as thick as I can (like 1 1/3 scoops) to 1/3 cup of water, and I get 55 -60 mL out of that, and she gets that twice a day now, but I feel like I've read that an adult chicken is supposed to get like 1 pint of water a day. Is this really enough food and water for her? Or should I be giving more?
What does she weigh?

Back
Top Bottom