BB Red, Or What?

endermom

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 25, 2010
Loxahatchee, FL
My son would like this pretty boy to accompany him to the fair this year. I swear I ordered a BB Red, but the white cheeks are throwing me when I look up pictures. Any ideas?

Looks like possibly a Colored Rose Combed Dorking. Although, I can see foreign coloring in his tail feathers, so don't expect to get fabulous awards. He's a beautiful bird though!
smile.png

Definitely not a Dorking. They have red earlobes, white skin and 5 toes. The less common colors are very difficult to find too. Where did you order him from? I assume you mean BB Red Old English?

What do you guys think of him possibly being a Black Breasted Red Phoenix? That's a BB Red, as I thought, with the phoenix attached. The feet are a different color though. Mine's only 6 months, which may account for the shorter tail feathers? Here's a photo I found online of a BB Red phoenix:

021107BBRedRCK.jpg

Dark Brown Rose Comb leghorn looks like him for sure. I didn't order a dark brown rose comb leghorn, but I guess that's somehow what I got. Doesn't matter, as long as I know what he is, my son can show him. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom