BBB complaint

Sierra pachie bars

Queen of the Lost
11 Years
Nov 8, 2008
They give the person you file a complaint with your phone and address ?
I filed a complaint and got a email saying they sent her my info. And should she contact me directly , to contact them.
This person is not sane. Which worries me. I really do not want her having my info. But at th same time cant let her get away with doing business in the manner in which she is. Anyone ever had any dealings with the BBB ??

Quote:
I have found the BBB to be a borderline scam, making people pay to be on a list of "legitimate" companies, and doing almost nothing when complaints come in. They simply put it on record and one has to inquire to find out if there have been any complaints. They telemarket my business constantly wanting to put me on their list and pay them hundreds of dollars. I just avoid them entirely. They are virtually worthless in my opinion.

Found them pretty useless as well. They have no teeth. They can only list the complaint as unresolved. I tried looking up the business that I complained about and it doesn't even come up, so there is nothing to warn people off even. Total waste of effort.

I have found the BBB to be a borderline scam, making people pay to be on a list of "legitimate" companies, and doing almost nothing when complaints come in. They simply put it on record and one has to inquire to find out if there have been any complaints. They telemarket my business constantly wanting to put me on their list and pay them hundreds of dollars. I just avoid them entirely. They are virtually worthless in my opinion.

I agree with you completely! Dh owns a roofing company, yet he refuses to pay a ridiculous amount of money to be put on BBB's list, especially since he knows of one "approved" contractor that has had several lawsuits filed against him. And yet that contractor continues to be recommended because he pays BBB's fee. IMO, BBB is just another form of advertising.​

Quote:
I agree with you completely! Dh owns a roofing company, yet he refuses to pay a ridiculous amount of money to be put on BBB's list, especially since he knows of one "approved" contractor that has had several lawsuits filed against him. And yet that contractor continues to be recommended because he pays BBB's fee. IMO, BBB is just another form of advertising.

Yep, exactly. We have a competing company and we KNOW there are several lawsuits against them, but as long as they pay the BBB their fees....... meanwhile perfectly legit companies get no recognition unless we pay?? No thanks, we'll rely on word of mouth. We've already established our reputation, we don't need to PAY someone to say we're okay.

I had no idea they would give my info. Darn it. The lady is nuts , I don't want her knowing it. Argh..
So much for trying to protect other people. I figured if i complained maybe it would make her clean up her act. Shes very nasty. But good thing my neighbor is a police k9 officer.
lau.gif

I often do not travel alone, I have. K9 with me so at least it makes people think twice before approaching. I really wish i could post details and get more sound advice but since its not allowed here. Just the whole issue makes me ill.

Back
Top Bottom