1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BCM making weird nosie

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by davishomestead, Feb 20, 2013.

1. davishomestead

davishomestead New Egg

Feb 20, 2013
    I have a BCM that is making a odd noise that started today. She has been doing it all day, at least when I go out there she is. She is acting normal and not mouth breathing either. To me it sounds like a cow. If you close your mouth and make a cow sound that is what she sounds like. Her color is good her eyes look good and she does not seem to be in any pain or stress. She is just walking around making this continual noise. Any ideas? I have only had hens for about 6 months. Oh, they just came out of molting and about 6 of the 9 started laying again. Dont know if that has anything to do with it. She is of laying age, she was laying before molting.

2. hennotrooster

hennotrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2012
    Hesperia CA
    [​IMG] From CA and [​IMG]

I am sure that someone can answer your question but I am not that person. Wish you lots of luck with your new family of characters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by