Beak filing?

You don't want to get antibiotics if you don't know what you're doing them for. How long has she been not getting food+water?? If she isn't eating, that would be why her keel bone is getting more and more pronounced.
She has been trying to eat and drink but her crop is always empty so she isn’t getting much of it. She is usually interested in watermelon but today she didn’t seem interested. I am able to monitor her poops because of where she sleeps at night and she has been having very small poops or none at all over the night.

She has been trying to eat and drink but her crop is always empty so she isn’t getting much of it. She is usually interested in watermelon but today she didn’t seem interested. I am able to monitor her poops because of where she sleeps at night and she has been having very small poops or none at all over the night.
Yes, but how long has this issue of her not being able to eat been going on? I would try offering her some wet, mashed up chicken food in a deep dish, and some scrambled egg. You have to correct the beak issue so that she can eat- I'm not an expert on it, but I believe that cornstarch helps stop bleeding if you need to clip beaks.

Also I don’t know how to attach it but it if you look up in threads “chicken is lethargic, has a droopy tail, and no appetite” it should come up where I asked about her.

Yes, but how long has this issue of her not being able to eat been going on? I would try offering her some wet, mashed up chicken food in a deep dish, and some scrambled egg. You have to correct the beak issue so that she can eat- I'm not an expert on it, but I believe that cornstarch helps stop bleeding if you need to clip beaks.
i believe that her beak problem has existed longer than not eating so I think it’s partially due to the beak but also something else. She has been able to eat enough to live for about three weeks I would say. I have brought her in and she is too scared of being away from her flock to eat, she will shake. When I put food out for my seven chickens, she is not that feisty and will let the others eat and she will eat the leftovers. She also won’t eat out of my hand.
and thank you for the advice on corn starch

i believe that her beak problem has existed longer than not eating so I think it’s partially due to the beak but also something else. She has been able to eat enough to live for about three weeks I would say. I have brought her in and she is too scared of being away from her flock to eat, she will shake. When I put food out for my seven chickens, she is not that feisty and will let the others eat and she will eat the leftovers. She also won’t eat out of my hand.
and thank you for the advice on corn starch
Is there a way you can separate her from the others to eat where she is still with them, like putting a dog crate in the run with her special food and a deep dish of water, then putting her in said dog crate?

i can try but i have already put her in an egg laying box and given her food but she doesnt want it. do you think she has a reproductive problem and if so what antibiotics should i give her? but yeah i will go out and do that soon.

i can try but i have already put her in an egg laying box and given her food but she doesnt want it. do you think she has a reproductive problem and if so what antibiotics should i give her? but yeah i will go out and do that soon.
If she won't eat, there may be a crop issue going on. If there isn't and she still won't eat, you may have to tube feed her. I have no idea if she has a reproductive issue, to be honest. The antibiotics that are usually prescribed by BYC ers are Penicillin and Amoxicillin.

If she won't eat, there may be a crop issue going on. If there isn't and she still won't eat, you may have to tube feed her. I have no idea if she has a reproductive issue, to be honest. The antibiotics that are usually prescribed by BYC ers are Penicillin and Amoxicillin.
Her crop is constantly empty so I don’t think there is a crop problem. I have no idea how to tube feed her and definitely need advice if I have to. And are those two antibiotics able to be fed orally or through shots? And I can get those without the help of a vet?

Back
Top Bottom