Beak filing?

Pics
Hi all...
my hen from this thread is still alive but not better But not worse. i am starting to doubt that she has A reproductive disorder and is fine in terms of that.

what i have been noticing is that she has a bunch of extra saliva that has bubbles and she still has eye bubbles
two weeks ago i treated my flock with Toxycycline and doxycycline... dont know how to spell
after seven days i gave them a seven day break and they are back On it again because for others it doesn’t seem to be helping too much with mycoplasma

what i noticed is that.. since i am still tube feeding, she isn’t drinking their medicated water so what i am doing is mixing her food with the Tylosin treaTmen.

Any other ideas on what this could be... extra bubbly saliva and bubbly eyes besides mycoplasma ??

Hi all...
my hen from this thread is still alive but not better But not worse. i am starting to doubt that she has A reproductive disorder and is fine in terms of that.

what i have been noticing is that she has a bunch of extra saliva that has bubbles and she still has eye bubbles
two weeks ago i treated my flock with Toxycycline and doxycycline... dont know how to spell
after seven days i gave them a seven day break and they are back On it again because for others it doesn’t seem to be helping too much with mycoplasma

what i noticed is that.. since i am still tube feeding, she isn’t drinking their medicated water so what i am doing is mixing her food with the Tylosin treaTmen.
Any other ideas on what this could be... extra bubbly saliva and bubbly eyes besides mycoplasma ??
Doxycycline and ?Tetracycline are both commonly used to treat symptoms of Mycoplasma.
Not all respiratory diseases are bacterial so an antibiotic may not help.

You could try a different antibiotic like Tylosin to see if that makes a difference.
Baytril is banned for the use in poultry so do your research on that.

Sorry to hear that you are not seeing improvement with the treatment suggested by others.
You are going on week 3 and I'm sorry to say but quality of life does need to be considered daily.

Thank you for that
i have already been doing research on baytril and i think i can get it and i will also look into Tylosin
and yes i know... i am willing to tube feed her for however long She needs but i understand
what I have been seeing is that she goes to food and doesn’t eat it but she still enjoys being by her best friends side and she does walk around the yard still,i still see life in her so i dont think its her time yet. she also still jumps up into her bed at night so she is not lagging behind and she still walks around fine.
Also i do believe it is respiratory so in the time she is still fighting i want to give her all i can to see if she can improve

I really do think this is something that i can fix since she hasn’t gotten worse during this time... do you have any other ideas i am going to look into Tylosin and baytril more

what I have been seeing is that she goes to food and doesn’t eat it but she still enjoys being by her best friends side and she does walk around the yard still,i still see life in her so i dont think its her time yet. she also still jumps up into her bed at night so she is not lagging behind and she still walks around fine.
Sounds like she's doing fine then. Maybe stop the tube feeding and see how it goes.

Honestly I have been considering that but she doesn’t eat... she wants to but she can’t due to her saliva in her mouth. I was able to trim her beak to make it look normal but that doesn’t seem to be the problem anymore. Would you still recommend me to stop tube feeding?

Back
Top Bottom