Beak filing?

Pics
Well, the saliva/mucous is a concern, not sure what's causing that, it would seem that the antibiotics would have cleared up bacterial infection if she was getting a proper dose.

Yeast/fungal infection (crop issue), canker (protozoa) or some other issue may be at play.
Even if a crop is emptying, it could still be sour.
You mentioned Mycoplasma - does she have any respiratory symptoms at all?

Well, the saliva/mucous is a concern, not sure what's causing that, it would seem that the antibiotics would have cleared up bacterial infection if she was getting a proper dose.

Yeast/fungal infection (crop issue), canker (protozoa) or some other issue may be at play.
Even if a crop is emptying, it could still be sour.
You mentioned Mycoplasma - does she have any respiratory symptoms at all?
I dont believe i gave her an antibiotic unless you Are talking about the doxycycline and the one that starts with a T for mycoplasma. I have ordered Baytril as well to see if that can help and some of my other chickens need it too.
so can you explain how her crop can still be sour if it is always empty?
my other girls have had respiratory problems for awhile now and i consistently give vetrx and am on second dosing of the doxycycline stuff And now am going to try baytril but i dont have it yet.
She does have bubbly eyes and i thought that it could possibly give her weirD symptoms like the mouth saliva but I’m not sure.
i don’t hear her breathing heavily like the others but her eyes do have bubbles... since she doesn’t drink the community water bowl With the treatment... i am starting to add it to her tube feeding and I’m on the second day and dont notice a change yet.

So I have a new update:
the mycoplasma treatment, the doxycycline and other one that starts with a T, dont seem to be working on my tube feeding hen or the others so finally the Baytril came today and I weighed and gave her some mixed with water through the tube.
my questions are:
how many days do I give Baytril and how long should I wait to re dose?
can I de worm while giving Baytril?
how long is egg withdrawal with Baytril? I know people say forever but is that actually true?
thank you!

Also, make sure you get something to use as a probiotic (if you're not already doing so) to balance her gut out after being on multiple meds. One of my favorite members uses buttermilk and I plan on trying that the next time I need to give my birds a probiotic. I (along with many others) have been and continue to root for her to make a full recovery as well as for you going above and beyond for her. I admire everything you're doing to help her recover. So many wouldn't or couldn't do this. Please give yourself a hug or at least a pat on the back for sticking with her care. I'm sure she knows even if she's still protesting.

Back
Top Bottom