Beak filing?

I know but I think it’s the two combined making her worse so I want to try anything. Can I get antibiotics without going to the vet?
There is one antibiotic that works for chickens. It's made for fish originally but works the same for chickens. It's called fishzole. You can give them one tablet orally and crush one to dissolve in their water. Been using it for a few years now on my own chickens.

So I have a new update:
the mycoplasma treatment, the doxycycline and other one that starts with a T, dont seem to be working on my tube feeding hen or the others so finally the Baytril came today and I weighed and gave her some mixed with water through the tube.
my questions are:
how many days do I give Baytril and how long should I wait to re dose?
can I de worm while giving Baytril?
how long is egg withdrawal with Baytril? I know people say forever but is that actually true?
thank you!
How did you know what correct dose to give her?

Baytril 10% liquid dosage is 0.05ml per pound of weight given orally twice a day for 5-6 days.

Baytril is banned for use in poultry, however sometimes vets will prescribe it using their best judgment.

Just a note - no dairy products should be given during treatment with Baytril. Calcium can bind with the medication making it less effective.

Also, make sure you get something to use as a probiotic (if you're not already doing so) to balance her gut out after being on multiple meds. One of my favorite members uses buttermilk and I plan on trying that the next time I need to give my birds a probiotic. I (along with many others) have been and continue to root for her to make a full recovery as well as for you going above and beyond for her. I admire everything you're doing to help her recover. So many wouldn't or couldn't do this. Please give yourself a hug or at least a pat on the back for sticking with her care. I'm sure she knows even if she's still protesting.
i will give her some probiotics... thank you so much for that, it means a lot!!

There is one antibiotic that works for chickens. It's made for fish originally but works the same for chickens. It's called fishzole. You can give them one tablet orally and crush one to dissolve in their water. Been using it for a few years now on my own chickens.
yes i already have that but i think i am giving too many antibiotics to her currently but thank you

How did you know what correct dose to give her?

Baytril 10% liquid dosage is 0.05ml per pound of weight given orally twice a day for 5-6 days.

Baytril is banned for use in poultry, however sometimes vets will prescribe it using their best judgment.

Just a note - no dairy products should be given during treatment with Baytril. Calcium can bind with the medication making it less effective.
i didnt know that about the dairy so thank you!

So you have had Canker in your flock for years?

Back
Top Bottom