Beak filing?

Also does her eye look odd... like the pupil is like not contained in a way.. the black is spreading ? I don’t know how to describe it but if tell me if you see anything weird

Attachments

• 543CCCBC-7A06-4D9C-9FBA-CA368FA0C2C5.jpeg
    543CCCBC-7A06-4D9C-9FBA-CA368FA0C2C5.jpeg
    277.2 KB · Views: 9
And I also forgot to mention... she has been standing in the sun constantly. This is what she spends most of her day doing and she is sometimes shivering... does anyone know

So she also just took a poop and it looks like this... does anyone have ideas? And I think I am going to stop the baytril treatment and de worm her since I read that drooling could involve roundworms and doesn’t mean that they have respiratory problems

Attachments

• 88CE04C2-AD63-45A0-A856-447B3687D9C0.jpeg
    88CE04C2-AD63-45A0-A856-447B3687D9C0.jpeg
    748.9 KB · Views: 10
Glad the one with ascites is doing better.

So this one with the beak - are you sure her crop is empty first thing in the morning before she's had anything to eat/drink?
I would also feel her abdomen for bloat or fluid too.
Having not many poops or they are small/thin, then she may have a blockage. As to the cause, it's hard to know - may be gizzard, intestines or she has inflammation somewhere. A lot of times you won't know unless you lose them and a necropsy is done.

Yes, I would offer wet soaked feed. She if this interests her.
Hi so I am wondering if I could deworm and give baytril at the same time
So she also just took a poop and it looks like this... does anyone have ideas? And I think I am going to stop the baytril treatment and de worm her since I read that drooling could involve roundworms and doesn’t mean that they have respiratory problems
Drooling is often due to a crop issue. Keep in mind that most crop issues are a symptom of an underlying condition. Reproductive disorders, infection, worms and coccidiosis are a few conditions that can cause a crop issues as well.

I would finish the Baytril since you started it. Starting and stopping antibiotics is not a good idea.
You can use a dewormer like Fenbendazole or Albendazole in conjunction with Baytril.

Drooling is often due to a crop issue. Keep in mind that most crop issues are a symptom of an underlying condition. Reproductive disorders, infection, worms and coccidiosis are a few conditions that can cause a crop issues as well.

I would finish the Baytril since you started it. Starting and stopping antibiotics is not a good idea.
You can use a dewormer like Fenbendazole or Albendazole in conjunction with Baytril.
Could I also use Safeguard for goats while using Baytril
^im pretty sure that is fenbedazole right?

Hi everyone... I have a new update
She is still alive and I have finished baytril and most of the deworming and she is still the same... I am trying something new and will continue to try.
Except I noticed her skin and I think it is called her preen gland are weird. I was feeling her crop today and felt her skin which is very fat.? I attached a picture but it is wrinkly and also at the base of some feathers they are crusty.... I wasn’t able to take that good of a picture so sorry but what I am thinking is causing this is lack of preening.
Also her preen gland... I think that is what it is(the thing that sticks out of the base of her tail feathers) has been oozing orange stuff. I took a picture as well but it isn’t the best. My best guess would be that due to the lack of preening the substance that is used for preening is starting to expel from the build up and is leaking from her gland...
These are my guesses but if I’m wrong I hope one of you can give me a better idea of what is going on

Attachments

• 685F4F34-AF21-4AB1-B9AE-0F1DAA3CCCB5.jpeg
    685F4F34-AF21-4AB1-B9AE-0F1DAA3CCCB5.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 7
  • AD5A9D75-2AE4-4D5D-AD60-B57DA659BEAD.jpeg
    AD5A9D75-2AE4-4D5D-AD60-B57DA659BEAD.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 7
There's usually a little oil on the feathers around the preening gland. If you press on it a little, oil will come out too.
Hard to see anything about the skin.

Not sure what you mean about feeling her crop and the skin felt very fat. Was the crop full or ?

I'm sorry she's not improving.

There's usually a little oil on the feathers around the preening gland. If you press on it a little, oil will come out too.
Hard to see anything about the skin.

Not sure what you mean about feeling her crop and the skin felt very fat. Was the crop full or ?

I'm sorry she's not improving.
Is the oil orange and more like a solid than a liquidy oil?
and sorry.. I meant like the skin is all wrinkled and has folds. So it’s like excess skin thats wrinkly if that makes sense.
The skin around the crop felt like this... nothing with the crop.
It’s not severe or anything but I thought a chickens skin should be tighter... it might even be normal I didn’t check my other chickens.
Also just the fact that there were the crusty things at the base of some feathers with the wrinkly skin made me suspicious so the wrinkly skin might not be anything.

I remember that you said that if dairy or calcium was being consumed that the baytril won’t work and i think her current feed that I am tube feeding has calcium... would that affect it at all? I don’t think it is one of the main ingredients in it.

Last edited:
The oil might be a little crusty mixed with dirt if you are feeling around the oil gland.
Does she have access to dirt so she can take a dust bath?

Can she still not eat/drink on her own?

Back
Top Bottom