Beak filing?

Yes she has access to dirt but she hasnt had a dust bath in awhile. and yes... sometimes her crop has Something in it so I know she is still trying but she still cannot survive by herself. She still hangs out with her friend and sunbathes a lot and even picks on other chickens but she is slower than the rest and of course can’t eat or drink by herself.

*except now it seems like her friend isnt doing so well... she has had ascites for awhile and I have been giving her some different things for it but I might have to actually drain soon and she has a tumor on her side while also having mild leg mites which I have been treating and she will eat treats but she is starting to show A lack of interest in food. Any ideas on this?

back to my main hen: I know it is because of the extra saliva in her Mouth so I am stuck on what to do but I am now starting to think about possibilities like bacterial infection or fungal/yeast infection. Do you have any recommendations for these things?

Extra Saliva sounds like a crop issue or she's got something like canker inside the beak:idunno

The other hen, if she has the symptom Ascites, then draining her may make her more comfortable. Unfortunately, whatever the cause of the symptoms is still going to exist.

So I have fishzole for canker so I will start giving her that but what would I treat for sour crop

Ok and how would I treat sour crop if her crop is usually empty before tube feeding?

Ok so i have a new update:
for almost a week i have been giving her the sour crop treatment that i have previously mentioned in an old post, she has also be getting electrolyes in her tube feedings.
about four days ago i tube fed her and didnt do another one until 24 hours so she was able to be treated somewhat for her crop if that is a problem
Yesterday, since i am back at school, i was able to tube feeding her at 6 in the morning and when i got home at 4, she had some liquid in her crop. this made me think it was either sour crop or she actually ate
Today, i tube fed in the morning and when i got home she had the same amount of liquid in her crop as yesterday and right when i was rubbing it, it disappeared. she moved her mouth a bit and the crop material was sucked in and all I could feel were her bones. So she hasn’t been eating in my opinion... any ideas?
I think that it is some problem i am unaware of or if i can get her to throw up this liquid maybe it would stop? I dont feel comfortable doing that but if i have to i might.
i think that the liquid went up her throat again because i am pretty sure she cant digest food that quickly.

OK MAJOR UPDATE
Today while tube feeding I was able to get it down her throat easily but when I looked in there there was something bloody and extremely off
I could not get a picture and have it be able to show it... I tried hard
So in the circle where she breathes there was this thing that looked tan ish and it was covered with blood
She has white drool and no blood coming out but I am FREAKING OUT
is it from tube feeding so much????
I have to go to soccer and I can’t take care of her right now but if anyone has any ideas please help

she isn’t breathing heavily and this is the poop she just had

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    942 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom