Beak Injury....PLEASE HELP!!!

Quote:
No, it's not superglued shut. Somehow, she cracked it. We superglued the top to hopefully hold it together while it heals. It's painful for her though......but she is at least drinking water.

* That's very good news!!
smile.png
One reason for warm mash is it supplies fluids.

Yep, I'm planning tomorrow's menu.

Oatmeal with olive oil and scrambed egg for bf. Maybe some canned peaches.

For lunch and dinner ( I guess we'll call it that ) I made ground turkey with rice, oil, french style green beans, egg and ground egg shell. Will warm it a touch in the am.

Well, I've been cookin' three years for a dog so might as well cook for my Star!

My red stars don't have cracked beaks, but I bought these great birds from a chicken farm of 1000. They all had clipped beaks and I'm telling you they just left stumps and some of them are a real chop job. I felt so sorry for them. I'm assuming over time they will grow back. Mine eat fine, but I would go ahead with soft mash. That just looks painful. I'm so glad we saved these birds from the meanies.
hugs.gif

Very happy to report that Star ate a soft home made breakfast this morning and was put back with her CLAN which she seemed to want. She has been eating " Pecking" all day and it looks like she will be OK and the Super Glue worked.

I free ranged them all for awhile this afternoon and she did real well.

So, although she is not healed, she is acting normal.

Thanks for ALL your help and advice. I truly appreciate you guys.

Mary

What kind of soft food do you feed a guinea fowl with a broken upper mandible? My poor buddy broke his upper beak yesterday and is having a hard time eating and drinking. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
*Mine had a cracked beak and a few punctures, they were lengthwise, not across, but they healed fine in a couple weeks. Feed her a nice soft warm wet mash in the meantime and add a little ground flaxseed, the efa's and extra protien will help it heal faster.
What kind of soft food? I have a guinea fowl who broke off a chunk of his upper mandible (beak) yesterday and is having trouble eating.

Back
Top Bottom