Beans and pasta, oh my!

Can you please all explain why it’s rampant ignorance? Beans are high in protein, and have plenty of nutrients for the birds and there is nothing wrong with pasta, If you had no Proprietary feed, which peopke never used to buy for their chickens, waht would you feed them on?

Rampant: spreading unchecked, flourishing.

There have been lots of threads asking how to make cheap feed for your chickens. Or linking to videos, as above.

Making your own feed for chickens is not easy or cheap. Protein needs of animals aren't just, here, eat a chunk of this, or a bowl of that. The various amino acids in the protein matter, and without the specific ones needed, a chicken's health will suffer.

Rampant: spreading unchecked, flourishing.

There have been lots of threads asking how to make cheap feed for your chickens. Or linking to videos, as above.

Making your own feed for chickens is not easy or cheap. Protein needs of animals aren't just, here, eat a chunk of this, or a bowl of that. The various amino acids in the protein matter, and without the specific ones needed, a chicken's health will suffer.
But there is protein in beans. As well as a lot of other nutrients. I agree the diet suggested isn’t perfect, but I think it’s going too far to say that it’s ” rampant ignorance” And if his hens look well and are laying much better than when he fed the proprietary feed than I think that’s an unfair judgement.

There is no balance in their diet, way too much starch and simple sugars, and chickens don't get full and stop eating. They run on forage, and eat throughout the day. Also, it is never okay to let possums and raccoons pick through your bird's feed! That's a huge biosecurity risk, and if raccoons can reach in, mice can get in too! There is a lot of misinformation there.

Back
Top Bottom