Bear, cougar, bobcat or coyote? Chicken's fine - no sad pix!

Dancingwnature

Songster
Jun 6, 2020
NW Washington state, USA
My well-house where I had my hen temporarily bivuoacked was broken into by some creature that wanted chicken tartare for a late night snack. She's fine! She flew up into the rafters.
Can anyone id the animal who this damage? To help narrow down the possible culprits: I live in NW Washington state within the boundaries of a state wildlife refuge and North Cascades National Park. (My property was grandfathered in & now my land is a certified wildlife habitat) We now have wolves (reintroduced, we have only one pair being tracked so far). Also, what's the best way to secure a chicken tractor and the permanent outdoor run? TIA!
IMG_20200601_132151809.jpg

Does it work in the dark?
Got bear up there?
And yes, I've got bear. Last night I opened my front door to take out my compost pail, (which I stupidly set outside next to the door to answer the phone), and so leaned out to grab the pail. I looked up when I heard a sound and found that I was almost nose to nose with a large black bear. Both of us were equally surprised and said a 4-letter word. He took off to the mountain base on my east property and I considered the advantages of getting a heart defibrillator!
109903-01 (1) (1) (1) (1) (1).jpeg
88677-01 (1) (1) (1) (1) (1).jpeg IMG_20190605_171009508_BURST000_COVER_TOP (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom