Beat place to order hatching eggs?

Like the title says... where online is the best place?
A couple of months ago my wife bought six Japanese bantam eggs from a breeder advertised on ebay. The eggs were to be from show quality birds. I received the six eggs-all were ruined in shipping. A couple of weeks later the man e-mailed my wife about what luck we had and my wife told him that the eggs were ruined in shipping. A few days later a dozen eggs showed up. Of the 12, 9 were viable, and seven are still developing and are due to hatch this weekend-I can hardly wait. The breeder sent an additional 12 eggs at no cost when he certainly didn't need to. It's obvious the man is proud of his birds as it were more important that eggs hatch than just making money.

I read that people have horrid luck with ebay and I have too in the past. But I've also had some good luck also.

Last edited:
Shipping really does a number on eggs, so more local is better. (A state or two away as opposed to the other end of the country.)

If breed standards are important to you, order from someone that is a member of the national breed association that you are interested in. There are a lot of scammers out there, selling poor specimens and charging top dollar.

Do your homework! and good luck.

Shipping really does a number on eggs, so more local is better. (A state or two away as opposed to the other end of the country.)

If breed standards are important to you, order from someone that is a member of the national breed association that you are interested in.  There are a lot of scammers out there, selling poor specimens and charging top dollar.

Do your homework! and good luck.

Yep noticed that... i have good certified americanas.. they came with papers lol. Like to get other breeds of the same quality.... i paid less for them than the everyday back yard mass hatching folks are selling them for too...

Back
Top Bottom