Bed appetate

How do you know? How old? Do they appear growing? What are you feeding them? I checked weights on mine and compared to average laying hen weight chart to be sure mine are growing at appropriate rate. I let mine forage in the yard and assume this as extra. Same for kitchen scraps. I’m curious fill me in.

According to information they should consume at list 1/4 lb each day. Seems like they are growing very slow, but again ayam semani is not fast growing birds. Food is a regular from feedvstore, latelly 20 % protein.

According to information they should consume at list 1/4 lb each day. Seems like they are growing very slow, but again ayam semani is not fast growing birds. Food is a regular from feedvstore, latelly 20 % protein.

How old?

By 7 months should be about breed weight roughly 3.5-4.5 lbs. If meet weight for breed should be ok. By this age should be on 16% layer feed either pellet or crumble or Mash.

Leave the feeder with them all the time and let them eat "free choice". Monitor their behavior and see. As long as they're active and healthy there's probably no cause for alarm. If eating is still a concern try making a mash by mixing their feed in some water, the consistency of oatmeal. Almost all chickens seem to love this. Another thing would be to check crops before bed, if they're full then they're eating.

Back
Top Bottom