Bedding suggestions

I would change out all the chicken wire on your coop with 1/2 inch hardware cloth and make sure you attach it with something other than staples. Chicken wire will not keep predators out.

Sweet PDZ is a "Green" earth product. It can be put to use in your garden & compost. Recycle Sweet PDZ after use by applying the bedding that contains Sweet PDZ to gardens, pastures or compost. It serves as a nutrient rich nitrogen soil conditioner. This material also enhances the composting process.
@Sweet PDZ .....I've often wondered if it will release the nitrogen it absorbs in the coop once it is put into the compost/garden.....or will it continue to absorb nitrogen, much like wood chips will absorb/use present nitrogen if mixed into the soil.

Also can you describe exactly how it enhances the composting process?

I assume you are here on BYC in a social media marketing capacity,
but maybe you can find these answers within the technical staff of the company?

TIA

After disposing of the stall waste containing the Sweet PDZ into the compost pile the Sweet PDZ granules will continue to load up with the ammonium and decomposing odors that are released during the composting process.

This retention of ammonium/ammonia and other waste generated odors is beneficial in several ways; 1) The Sweet PDZ captures ammonia and odor emissions from the compost pile, thus reducing odor pollutants to the atmosphere, 2) It also increases the conversion of these gases to nitrates, thus retaining nitrogen in the compost in a form that is more readily available to soils and plants when the compost is applied to fields, gardens, etc. 3) Having Sweet PDZ in the compost pile also allows for better moisture management and microbial activity in the composting process.

Thank you so much for your patience, please let me know if you have any additional questions.
#2 makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom