Bedtime advice....

Hoosiermomma

Songster
10 Years
Jun 6, 2009
S.E Ind
I would like to get some input/advice about kids and bedtimes. I generally wouldn't ask as I have five kids myself but my family is blended now and I would like know what everyone thinks. My kids range in age from 19 to 5. My 19, 18 and 15 year olds go to bed between 10-11 on both weeknights and weekends. They are fine with this as they are usually tired. My 10 and 5 year old go to bed by 9 on weeknights and 9:30-10 on weekends. We have added 2 boys to the mix 10 and 8. 9:30 is the bedtime for them as well on the weeknights but my question is, what's suitable for their weekend time? I am thinking 10 should be fine but would love to hear what you think........

I have an 8, 9, and 10-year-old and I agree with you. Bedtime on weeknights is 9:00- 9:30 and on weekends it's about 10:00. On Fridays we have family movie night. We camp out in the livingroom and watch movies, so sometimes they don't get to sleep until later, but the love movie nights.

Thank you! I am working on implementing a 'family/movie' night too. I am trying my best to keep the rules 'fair' so as not to become the wicked 'stepmom'. I think 10 should be fine and shouldn't get too many complaints.
wink.png

Last edited:
IMO, the younger one's should all go to bed at the same time. The children that are yours I think wonder why the new one's get to stay up later. I think the new one's think if you treat them all the same then you love them all the same. They may not say it on the outside but inside I think it would make them fell better knowing you treat all the same. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom