Bedtime problems

Mine have now been officially in "their yard" for a week. It was hard for us to put them out of the house. We worried like crazy. Last night half of them were in the coop on their own. We have tried to do a "chicken call" as suggested by another member and giving them treats. That is getting a bit expensive. To our knowledge and hope, nothing can get into their yard but humans. We hope anyways. We keep putting them to bed in the hopes of them doing it themselves. Good luck to you. We are still working on the similar problem. Ours don't get upset to go in. Good luck and keep it up. At least they are safe in the coop.
wink.png

Great advice, as always. Thank you very much. I'll work with them for a couple of weeks and see if we make some progress. The little Australorps are really nice birds, and I think we've bonded very well. If I have problems I'll be back, asking for more help. I've just retired from 45 years of stressful business life, so I'm accustomed to being pooped on, but I'm actually enjoying it this time.

Putting my girls to bed has gotten much easier.....thankfully! They have all been going to bed the past 2 nights with the exception of ....Chicky Luna....she hangs out on the coop door and then has gone in very easily when we go to shut and lock the door. They got it very quickly! Woohoo!! Thank you all for your advice and encouragement!
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom