Bee keeping

Towns might ban them you know. Making to much buzzing noise and all. Good thing they don't bark.
lol.png

Ever hear a hive about to swarm? Now THAT's a crazy loud noise. Reminds me of our electric chain-saw almost. (pitch is wrong, but same idea).

Shhhhh, don't give any town councils more ideas! Seriously weird stuff happening locally 'round here.

Quote:
one of the local radio stations has a craigslist per-sey over the radio and they took a call and the lady told that she had a swarm of wild honey bees in one of her trees and asked of any bee keeper wanted to come and get them to call her at her phone number and she would give directions to her house, she did say she was on a certain side of town.

I see no one has answered you, so I'll take a shot. Sure, you can keep honeybees, the Carpenter bees won't bother them. But those carpenter bees will wreck havoc on your garage!

I'm wondering what type of bees these are, honey? They're all over the driveway attacking/mating? They don't seem to care about stinging.
e51c7bad75942ca8ea3ef854b1300b21.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I'm wondering what type of bees these are, honey? They're all over the driveway attacking/mating? They don't seem to care about stinging.
Those are honeybees....did you put salt on your driveway this winter? If so, the bees are getting the salts off for you. Or perhaps pollen that has fallen onto the driveway. Or they're cold and using the warm rocks to warm up (depends on time of day).

Our bees licked our gravel driveway for salts earlier this springtime.

Bees don't mate on the ground....the sole queen mates high in the air with the drones (depends on time of year). But fighting does take place on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom