Been a Lot of Scams, Had to Share to This One

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by nerfy, Nov 13, 2008.

1. nerfy

nerfy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Western Illinois
    So, I found a Siamese cat, posted it on every web page I could find for found pets.
    This is a response I got...
    iam randy from florida and i am a lover of pets. I like to adopt your pet
    I just want to tell you that I will be buying the pet and am capable of the price. My house is wood fenced and 8.87fts high, i have enough garden in my premises where the pet can roam about. I have a free room too to keep the pet.
    Considered your pet is coming to a loving home.I don't have any pet at present.
    Send Me pictures of the pet too and i will need your full name and adress to send you the payment check so that when you get the check cashed so you will deduct your money from it and help me to send the rest to the shipping company so that they can come and ship the pet to my lovly home.and i will like to know how much you wish to sell your pet because i really need a pet
    Thanks.

[​IMG] [​IMG] Yeah, I told him I would send him a check because I was so happy that a great person wanted to adopt my pet, told him he could use Western Union to pay me back the difference. Give me your address so I can get it out.. think there will be a reply?
    Yes I reported him. [​IMG]

2. chickmamawannabe

chickmamawannabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Canby, Or-y-gun
    [​IMG] [​IMG] When will people learn. [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    But all he wants is your pet...

and your bank account.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, maybe if these scammers would learn to write in English, they'd collect more $$$, LOL. Makes me wonder why anyone would fall for this stuff.

5. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    I get those every time I post something for sale on craigslist. :mad:

6. kyle7630

kyle7630 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Semora NC
    The funniest part about it to me is that they always have two first names.lol When I get an email from James Chris, Calvin Jim, or David Sammy, I just spam them before opening. The best one I got was from Senator Karl Karl who want's me to collect payments in the US for his textile company in the UK and cash them at my bank.lol. How stupid can they be??? lmao! I always tell them I have reported them to the local law enforcement agency, which has a very strict extradition policy for internet fraud and I hope they have lots of KY jelly for prison. It's all BS, I know, but I just like to think I made them sweat a little. lol.

7. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Tell him the cat is $4500.00 + $50 for each day you have to feed and take care of it till his shipper arrives.

[​IMG]

8. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
  9. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    OMG, I just don't understand how people can be so stupid. Every time I think I've seen it all, somebody else comes along and does something even more completely stupid than I've ever seen before!

I used to work for this guy who bred and raised a lot of exotic fowl and game chickens. He once told me about this person who kept emailing him about wanting to purchase some finches he had for sale. He said he had lost several hundreds of dollars before giving up. The whole time I was listening to his story dumbfounded. I couldn't believe people could be so stupid! I get emails like that all the time, and before I even knew about the nigerian scams I realized something was off about them!

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:[​IMG] GREEDY is what it boils down to. Everyone looking to make a fast buck and tooooo greedy to actually use any common sense.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by