Been a while but OK What are they??

I'm tempted to agree with you. The bird in the 3rd picture definitely looks like a roo, to me, particularly with the solid red patches on the wings. Oh, and the "hair" is the hackle feathers.
smile.png

First photo, on the perch, is a stag/cockerel. One on the ground is a pullet.

Second photo, spangled bird (one in the front) is a stag/cockerel, the other is a hen.

Third photo. Both pullets.

They look to be either games, or at least crosses thereof. If so, you will need to separate the two young roosters soon. If they are game, they will kill each other if you do not separate them. The hens should be fine, they shouldn't be aggressive towards you, make good broodies/free rangers as well as decent layers.

ETA: not my image, but thought it may come in handy.

Last edited:
ty.. yes I knew in the 2nd pic with the Calico Roster the bird in the background was a hen.. beacuse that's his mommy, :).

and I figured the one of the "extreem close up" in pic 3 was hen. the rest of my birds all look like her.

I hope they are not game :(. I love both my roo's and Realy have no where else to put them...... no room for 2 flocks..

when weather gets warmer again I plan on letting them free range again. as of now since it's been rainy n chilly I've not let them free run... that and our neibors dogs kept getting out and I was afraid they'd chase them.. now that the neibors finaly figure out why the dogs got out n are keeping them in the house.. Esp since I told them I have chickens who I free run and can't beacuse they can't seem to keep thier dogs in the yard

THANKS>. Hopefuly when it warms up again.. I can go out and get more pics of the girls. I can tell my boys apart abviously. and I know who mom is.. I want to find Identifiers for my girls. so I can tell who is who,

Back
Top Bottom