Been AWHILE

BebeLapinouBlanc

Chirping
11 Years
Aug 21, 2011
Planet Earth
Whew, I have been absent from these boards!!! Been a busy lady with the LARGE amount of renovations going on at the farmhouse and tons of other things...... Lots have changed since last posted. My babies have hatched.
celebrate.gif
Two eggs weren't fertile, two blood rings, and a few quitters... BUT the babies that did come about are soooo stinking cute and growing soo FAST! All lavenders it seems
wee.gif
. Had one little one that was a pied but he had some issues
sad.png
I noticed an anomaly while candling but couldn't figure out what I was looking at. Come to find out, he had a growth between the neck and "shoulder" that was almost see-through....*any thoughts?? I could elaborate exactly what I saw if anyone may know* very sad seeing as he was peeping away and there was no distress during the hatch, which was progressing very well ......but then died within an hour when I came back in to check.......poor lil thing.
hmm.png
Kept telling myself there was nothing I could have done....specially since he was hatching very well on his own..... and no telling if he'd have even made it had I intervened......
idunno.gif
Needless to say there's a little spot for him under a pretty tree I planted.

All the babies are getting their wing feathers and are too sweet. I love that little in-between phase where they are still learning their footing and growing these massive wings they don't know what to do with
lau.gif

Will have to get the pics and videos up on my computer so I can share
love.gif
I'm in LURVE! Hahaha

Hope all is well with everyone!!!!
Jes

Aww finally, was wondering how your hatch went! Big CONGRATS on your new babies! Not too bad for shipped eggs, during pretty warm weather. The little guy that hatched with the odd growth... I have no idea what it's called but I have seen it with a few of my keets... it's an air pocket (on my keets anyway), but how it forms and why it happens I'm not sure about
idunno.gif
I really need to do more research on it, but luckily I do not see it that often... but I still want to know what it is, why it happens and if there is a way to avoid it or correct it. I hate not knowing if there is a way to save a keet or not. My keets that have hatched with that condition usually do not make it either tho
hit.gif

Anyway, congrats again on your lil babies!!!
Waiting...waiting...waiting for pics!!!
caf.gif

Awe thank you soo much!
hugs.gif

Yeah, I'm making my mister dig out the connector cables. I think I have hundreds of pictures between the babies and the farmhouse project hahaha. Need them on the computer STAT.

::WARNING TO ANYONE WHO DOESN'T WANT TO READ DETAILS ABOUT BABY KEET WHO DIED::

And that is EXACTLY what the growth thing was. Like an air pocket. It was very odd and I could not for the life of me find out what exactly it was. May need to go ask my aviary vet. I'm glad *though maybe glad is the wrong term to use....lol* that I'm not the only one that has had this weird thing happen to. The only thing I could even think could be done is aspirating it with a sterile needle and attending to the wound... but I noticed that some vessels are actually on the ballooned part..... I'll research it more too and keep you posted. Unfortunately it makes it so you don't really know until they die practically mid hatch due to getting stuck because of the mass. That's what happened to my baby....... such a progressive hatch and then seems to have gotten stuck mid zip due to the growth. Happened soooo quickly too. When I walked in *expecting to see the little guy running around the incubator peeping his head off at me* and saw no movement from his little beak poked out, I frantically grabbed the egg and attempted to help peel parts of the shell but it was already too late
sad.png
Atleast I know exactly what it looks like during candling. Interested to find out more.

On a happy note........................
FALL IS IN THE AIR!!! YAY!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom