Been Creeping for 2 months and now finally joined

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chicken McNuts, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Chicken McNuts

Chicken McNuts Just Hatched

Jul 5, 2016
    Kingston On
    hello all. I have been Creeping this site and taking in all the great info everyone has to offer. my wife and I decided that now we have some property it was time to raise some chickens. as beginners we borrowed a little giant from the neighbors and incubated 40 eggs for a friend getting to keep 5 of the chick's to start with. out of the 40 eggs we hatched 30 and kept 2 seabrights 1 buff orpington 1 jersy giant and 1 I'm not too sure of, possibly a black australorp. the coop is near done and the chick's are now 4 + weeks old. in the mean time we gave the incubator back and my wife bought one (little giant) and came home with 18 bob white eggs. 12 of them hatche'd and are now 5 days old in the small brooder. did I mention that in the next 5 or so days there are a dozen more chicken eggs due to hatch and she is bringing home 3 turkey eggs tonight. and to think this fowl fetishes started 7 years ago with a green cheeked conure named pee tree who never closes his Beek lol. if I can get my android phone to post pictures I will put some of the coop and the chick's, maybe some help with the two were unsure of. well thank you to all for the help I got for setting up and answering all of my question to get to this point and thanks in advance for all the questions I will inevitably have in the future,
    cheers from kingston ontario

2. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! Sounds like you have an awesome, fast-growing flock! That is so fun! You can create a "My Coop" page to post pictures of your coop and birds, and if you'd like, you can post pictures of the chickens in What Breed or Gender is This? to help identify the breeds. Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Flock. BYC also has a thread "Canadians, check-in-here." if you would like to find out what is going on around you.

4. Chicken McNuts

Jul 5, 2016
    Kingston On
    didn't even know there was a Canadian thread lol. thanks for the welcome and thanks for tip.

5. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

You are hooked, on hatching! Like me! [​IMG]

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Sounds like chicken maths has got you well and truly in its grips! Welcome and make yourself at home here with us.

Best wishes
    Ct

7. Chicken McNuts

Jul 5, 2016
    Kingston On
    yes, yes it has lol. so far it's a very rewarding Hobbie and my wife, two kids and I are all equally hooked

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by