Been in chickens for three years and I'm totally hooked!

Prairie Divide

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 21, 2014
Colorado
I started my flock three years ago. I was incredibly lucky to have a great feed store that is truly interested in what the community wants. They take in account what breeds we wanted and allowed us starters to be able to get the breeds we wanted and not have to get a batch of 25. I started out with 15 pullet chicks and ended up with 15 healthy hens in the end. 6 Easter Eggers, 5 Cuckoo Marans and 4 Silver Laced Wyandots. I got them for eggs and they have produced for me wonderfully. Too wonderfully, I have given away so many beautiful eggs.

This last spring I took my daughter to the feed store. Big mistake! We came home with a Jersey Giant pullet hen and two straight run Appenzeller Spitzhauben chicks. Then I researched the breeds... Now I need to get a second coop. My daughter has kindly offered her playhouse, which I need to convince my extremely busy husband to dig up and move over to the other coop and then to build a HUGE covered run. He won't like that last part.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Ooh sounds like you and your daughter have caught the chicken bug. One plus another chicken equals more!

Glad you joined and good luck with your projects.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

Sounds like you both are thoroughly hooked on chickens!! Easy to do since they are so much fun to keep.

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. It sounds like you have some really great people who run your feed store. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom