Been there, done it.. but really scared!! New ducklings coming tomorrow for my little Eve.

hi Everyone!!
Ok!! sorry had an issue getting my pics uploaded!! Here they are the little sugar pies!! They are so lovely.. a true blessing from God. Thank you for all yopur support..

Attachments

• IMG_3578.JPG
    IMG_3578.JPG
    486.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3576.JPG
    IMG_3576.JPG
    569.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6583.JPG
    IMG_6583.JPG
    519.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3650.JPG
    IMG_3650.JPG
    497.7 KB · Views: 8
hi Everyone!!
Ok!! sorry had an issue getting my pics uploaded!! Here they are the little sugar pies!! They are so lovely.. a true blessing from God. Thank you for all yopur support..
Love the pics with your big duck. I think everyone gave you good advice. I let mine swim (supervised) at about a week, also- they just need to be able to get out if they start sinking ( no oil in their feathers from a mama duck) and get warm and dry quickly afterwards. Hot days in the kiddie pool in the sun are perfect for that! Also the advice about a warm part of the cage and a cool part is just right, as well. When we had really hot weather mine didn't want heat at all, just light, so I gave them an incandescent bulb instead of the heat lamp. If they all stay waaaaay away from the heat, or pant a lot, or just lay around, you know they are too hot.

Love the pics with your big duck. I think everyone gave you good advice. I let mine swim (supervised) at about a week, also- they just need to be able to get out if they start sinking ( no oil in their feathers from a mama duck) and get warm and dry quickly afterwards. Hot days in the kiddie pool in the sun are perfect for that! Also the advice about a warm part of the cage and a cool part is just right, as well. When we had really hot weather mine didn't want heat at all, just light, so I gave them an incandescent bulb instead of the heat lamp. If they all stay waaaaay away from the heat, or pant a lot, or just lay around, you know they are too hot.

Attachments

• 20210618_123147.jpg
    20210618_123147.jpg
    826.5 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom