Bees vs Quail???

BirdsRDinosToo

In the Brooder
Jul 19, 2021
His may be a strange question but my quails haven’t needed a food refill for longer than expected (and water) and there are a few bees that hang aroun the cage especially the one with the seperated female (Look at my other threads) so I was wondering what to do if they weren’t eating enough and the bees were connected to that

His may be a strange question but my quails haven’t needed a food refill for longer than expected (and water) and there are a few bees that hang aroun the cage especially the one with the seperated female (Look at my other threads) so I was wondering what to do if they weren’t eating enough and the bees were connected to that
Surely bees won't have anything to do with quail and won't affect them? Unless they get too close to the hive and the bees attack, neither species should have any dispute, or affect each other in any way. The quail know what they are and they don't eat them.

I doubt very much that this is related to the bees.
I would check your feeders/waterers to make sure that nothing is stuck and that food and water are actually available for the birds.
Next I would check to see if there is something that might be stressing them.
Next I would check to see if maybe there are more edible bugs around than usual. Maybe a nest of earwigs or something hatched near or in their pen? My birds prefer bugs to their feed, and whenever I move them to a new location with a new bug supply, they don't eat as much feed.

Surely bees won't have anything to do with quail and won't affect them? Unless they get too close to the hive and the bees attack, neither species should have any dispute, or affect each other in any way. The quail know what they are and they don't eat them.
Yea my thoughts exactly but it’s best to make make sure I’ve had lots of problems with my quail but in the end it’s worth it. And at least it’s not the life of a battery quail

Back
Top Bottom