beginer needing help with ffa project

ok wow. My FFA teacher is alot of help in some areas but somtimes i still need help.i might not be able to get RIRs for the fair. I dont know yet. i seen some at the fair last year but i was not in FFa yet so i don't know much about them. I also would like to raise egg layers insted of meat birds but the way i understood my leader i don't know if i can. I may of misunderstood.like i said i am new to chickens and FFA so i don't know much about it.i really apprciate all your help it is really starting to clear things up i just don't know all the rules and regulations of the fair yet. we order our chickens in june and he said we will be geting them in july our fair is in september. I just learned our fair is in sept. i orginally thought it was in augest so new info.again i really appriciate all the help. thanks.
smile.png

Ok now i have it sraight i am going to get cornish rock for the fair. All the other ones i seen last year were show birds not market birds. Still any info would help thanks.
big_smile.png

6'x6' is a big enough coop for twelve birds (just) but they also need outdoor space.

If you want chickens that will be ready for slaughter at 8 weeks old or so then you want to go for one of the meat hybrids, like Cornish Cross or Ross Cobb.

Back
Top Bottom