Beginner

if I let her hatch eggs will her chicks be fizzle or australop?
I believe the cockerel is a bantam cochin not an australorp.

They will be 50% bantam cochin not pure, unless your frizzle is also a BC (I can't see. But I suspect she might be. I see feathered tootsies.) in which case the offspring will be mixed color bantam cochins.

50% of the offspring will be frizzled.

Oh! And welcome to BYC!

Is a fizzle supposed to be different than a frizzle? I do not know.
There is no fizzle.
Frizzle isn't actually a breed but the term alone is often used for frizzled Cochin since they were the first frizzled breed.
Pics wouldn't load for me but looks like @EmmaRainboe has it covered.
I'd trust her. I believe she learned everything she knows from me.

I have an australop bantams rooster and a fizzle bantams hen if I let her hatch eggs will her chicks be fizzle or australop?

The black cockerel has feathered feet, so he is not an Australorp. Australorps have clean feet. He is probably a Cochin bantam.

The brown bird is hard to see (fuzzy photo), but it looks to me like silkie feathers instead of frizzle feathers.

Frizzle feathers curl, so it looks like the chicken walked through a windstorm backward. If you cross a frizzle to a chicken with normal feathers, about half the chicks get frizzled feathers and about half get normal feathers.

Silkie feathers look like hair instead of like normal feathers. If you cross a Silkie to a chicken with normal feathers, all of the chicks get normal feathers.

When you cross a black chicken with a brown chicken, you usually get black chicks. They will grow up to have mostly black feathers, but probably with some amount of brown or red as well. The red or brown shows up less when they are young, and more as they mature.

Since both are bantams (small chickens), their chicks will probably be bantams too. (But occasionally, two bantams can produce chicks that grow into large-sized chickens. So there's a small chance of that happening.)

If both parents have feathered feet, so will the chicks.

The male has a single comb. That is caused by recessive genes, so the chicks will probably show whatever kind of comb their mother has (I can't see it in the photo.)

I cannot see the brown one's head at all, so these last two points are based on what she might have:

If the mother has a crest of feathers on her head, the chicks probably will too (although they are likely to have a smaller crest, since their father does not have one.)

If the mother has a muff/beard of feathers on her face, the chicks may have that as well.

Back
Top Bottom