Beginners guide to hatching quail eggs - By a beginner ;)

Thanks very much for this informative and well-written post. Been researching for 2 months and never saw what I learned here today. Good job.

Wow, What a great guide. Thank you so much. Pretty much covered the questions I had. We are hatching as we type.:jumpy. 3 all at once this evening and we're in a pause..I imagine a few more will be hatched when I get up this morning.:wee I can't sleep. I am wound up tighter then the bugs bunny cartoons Tasmanian Devil. :yaWhat a great discovery this was when I found a few articles on quail. I think I am hooked...I love watching them and feeding them dubia roaches...They are chirping at me saying DADdy Daddy..so cool.:love.
Thanks again
Kemp

Last edited:
Thank you so much for posting this guide!

I’ve been looking everywhere for a start to finish step plan I can follow since I’ve never hatched anything before so you rock for posting this! You will be my main reference for hatching the chicks I’ll be getting in December. The only thing I was missing was a reference for air cell size and weight loss percentage for humidity, though I’ve found that not a lot of people bother with that with quails.
Thank you so much for your amazing post!

I am so happy I found this post. We’re beginners and our eggs just went in tonight at 7:30pm. Should I count today as day 1 or tomorrow?

Yay! Thank you! I’ve hatched chicken and duck eggs several times, but I wanted to make sure there wasn’t any big differences when it comes to quail, so this thread is exactly what I needed! Thanks!

Thank you so much for this post, I read it prob 20 times by now. Got my incubator, eggs, they r in. I candled them today, all seems to be good. I keep coming back to your post, so informative yet simple and useful, thanks for taking your time, it certainly helped me and many others i guess!

I know this is way after the post, but I can't find a clear answer on this site. Your post says they can hatch in day 21 and 22. Do you throw the eggs out at the start of day 23 or is there still a chance? I had 6 hatch on 17-17.5d, 4 on day 19-19.5, and now unsure how long to wait before throwing the rest away.
And thanks for the post!

Back
Top Bottom