Belated Xmas gift--------Trough De-Icers working great

Benelli

Songster
10 Years
Sep 18, 2009
Neighbors got me these great De-Icers for my 50 gal horse troughs. FarmInnovators.com is the company. They got me the Model C-500.
All I had to do was put them on a cinder block in the bottom of the troughs and plugged them in. It was 18 with a windchill of 8 this morning in my area. Two nights in a row no ice. I unplugged around 10 am yesterday and plugged up at 11 pm last night, with a little ice layer. Work well. They apparently have tons of models to chose from.

We've got a similar one. It sure beats breaking ice in the trough. Ours is hooked up to a timer, so it only runs during the coldest part of the night or I change the setting and it just stays on when it's well below freezing all day long.

I can't imagine not having it anymore. That was a great gift from your neighbors!

I'm thinking about getting a timer for them. I do like to do a final head check on all my critters before going to bed, so it's not a big deal to plug it in. It's turning it off in the morning when I go to work that I think it will come in handy. They've turned out great in the very short time I've had them.

I told my neighbors they weren't something I'd buy for myself since dragging water a few days a winter wasn't so bad, but would be tickled them with for an Xmas gift. Little did I know I was going to be dragging gallons of hot water for days when I made that comment!

Back
Top Bottom