Belt Hatchery Not Responding?!?!?! (Fresno)

oceanwidedesigns

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno County
Has anyone been able to place any orders or even SPEAK to anyone from the Belt Hatchery??

I've been trying both email and phone to no avail the last two weeks. I know our feed store orders from them... and they're planning on placing an order this week when they sell out. Since we're only 25 minutes away from the hatchery, I was hoping to be able to pick up our order & get them vaccinated -- which our feed store wont order for us.

A few weeks ago there was a fire at a hatchery in that area -- but the news never gave a name. I know a quarter of their chickens were lost.

Anyone in the Fresno/Clovis area know of an alternative? We were hoping to get our ladies ASAP.

I was passing through Fresno on the 1st and stopped by the hatchery thinking I could cut out the middle man and try and buy a few chicks but they said no (in a very friendly way) and directed me to a feed store very close to them. She said they were a wholesale hatchery only and if i wanted a specific breed i would have to place an order through my local feed store. I didnt see any fire damage on the place when i stopped so it may have been a different hatchery.

The feed store was Elm Ave. feed and they were stocked up as of the 1st.

Last edited:
Yes, it was hard to get someone from Belt Hatchery, but once I did they (Debbie and Karen) were very nice and helpful. As a chicken newbie, that was very much appreciated! In any event, placed the order this past Wednesday and my chicks arrived the next day. The chicks were all healthy and active and they are all doing very well on day 2! With all the stories I heard locally about the mid-west hatcheries, I was happy to find one a little closer to Reno, Nevada.

Last edited:
Quote:
Welcome to another northern Nevadan! Yes, it is difficult to find a hatchery close to us. However, I ordered all the way from MI this Soring and everything arrived in perfect order. Chicks really are tough little things. I just don't advocate trying to order long distance in February. And even now, our nights are getting pretty cold.

Back
Top Bottom