Beltsville White Turkey Breeding Pair - Indianapolis, IN

By the way, I apologize for taking so long to respond, I am a flight attendant, so I am in and out all the time. I will check again tonight when I get to the hotel :)

I am an Indianapolis Kindergarten teacher. I am looking for some eggs to hatch in our classroom, (my past source for over 12 years is no longer available).
I would give BACK the eggs once hatched I just want my students to experience the setting, incubation and hatching process. Would you be able to help or direct me to anyone that could help us-(that is local)? Thank you for your time and any info.
Paula St.Clair Kindergarten teacher
Trinity Christian school
440 St. Peter
Indianapolis Indiana

I could provide some, if you'd like. Are you looking for turkey or chicken eggs? I only have the one jenny, but she did start laying again already. Her fertility has looked good too. I also have chickens as well as the turkeys. I have several easter egger hens that lay green, blue, and pink eggs. The daddy would be a light brahma. Another option would be craigslist, there are many people on there that sell hatching eggs that might be willing to give some to you free if you're returning the chicks.
Send me a pm if you're interested. :)

Last edited:
Thank you so much -I am deeply grateful for any help obtaining them.
I prefer eggs with a 21 day incubation. I have had best luck with chickens. One year I did ducks but only one hatched out of the dozen.
After hatching they would not be kept in the classroom any longer than needed-They grow SO fast. I would aim for a Setting on a Monday I'll make sure the incubator is already set up temp regulated at school over the weekend. We will pray for a hatch 21 days later by Weds. So the students can watch them grow a bit then they would be back to you by the weekend after the hatch.
Due to Spring break coming up first week in April I would like to do the incubation for the Second week of April upon return to school. I too am located near the East side of Indianapolis. Just let me know what would work for you and your schedule.
Thank you so much for your help. Paula

Last edited:
No problem all. I will get them on a higher protein food and extra vitamins so the babies should be nice and healthy. Oh, and how many eggs do you want? Could you send me a private message on here, and I can give you my phone number. Do you mind if I ask which school you work at? My youngest goes to Pleasant Run Elementary, and we live very close to an IPS school at 34th and Shadeland. Just curious :D

Back
Top Bottom