Best Automatic Chicken Door Openers???

Absolutely love my AddAMotor!
thumbsup.gif

I would recommend the Add A Motor to anyone looking. I've had it in for about 16 months and never had a problem. It was so easy to install. And inexpensive. I looked around for a while before I bought this one. I have no regrets at all.
yippiechickie.gif

I don't need to treat the door, as it is metal (aluminum or steel?). It is on the inside of the coop.

As for the timer question, I change it at Daylight Savings and Standard Time. That's it!

There were some questions a while ago about solar. There is asolar panel kit for it. I haven't bought it, but was wondering if anyone else has. And is it a good investment???
droolin.gif

LOVE, Love, love it!
woot.gif

E/

I also have the D20, love it, no issues so far... Here is a video from the first test after installing it, no problems since..

Is there anyway to do a survey of favorite doors? who has automatic doors or manual? I am taking action unfortunately after the horse has left the barn.....lost two chickens to predators last night...and on my list is doing a door....automatic? manual? best one to use? hate these predators...possum i think, maybe raccoon...getting the trap set, making sure the fencing is more secure. and maybe an automatic door. sigh.

i loved the Foy's doors (had two of them on other coops), tried a different company model when it was not in stock, and found the thing unrealizable due to the included and replaceable timer (kind of an after market accessory) to be a real pain with resetting for changes in available daylight hours and getting coop dust into it to render it inoperable... As well as power outages making it open or close later or earlier than it should.

So I researched and bought the ADOR1 - and LOVE it. There are some not very evident bonus features, like the bottom of the frame is open so dirt and water do not collect there to bind or interfere with its operation. The sprocket feed is VERY secure, too, as advertised.

If you have power to the coop that's the way to go. If you don't mind having your chickens out all day definitely go with the photo sensor. I lived with the timer for awhile but always had to adjust for changing sunset times. I would look out and the girls would be on the roost, door open and pitch dark. ;-)

Just an addendum: the ADOR1 is powered by a 6volt lantern battery. The light sensor is perfectly calibrated and needed no adjusting, but the door does have a "late call" function for the silly birds which aren't paying attention, and will open and close a second time, once, shortly after it closes, to let those in.

I haven't needed to use that function.

Back
Top Bottom