Best Automatic Chicken Door Openers???

I just bought an Ador automatic chicken coop door opener and it is wonderful. It runs on a 6V lantern battery (so no outlet or solar panel needed). It took me about 10 minutes to assemble and you can adjust the settings to make it more or less sensitive to the light.

I had done a lot of research before I purchased this one and I am so glad I kept asking people because they don't spend a lot of their time advertising so I couldnt find it on Amazon or anywhere else.

http://adorstore.com/

why do chicken doors all seem to work from the top down. I was thinking of using a car window regulator and motor and making the door work from the bottom up (like a car window) so any thing like straw is pushed clear as it raises.

because
A) as a door comes down slowly they can still run in if they want to, if it is going up what are the odds they'll think or be able to hop over into an area they can no longer see?
B) Some coops are on the ground so there goes those sales, and the ones that are raised likely don't want a door dangling below floor level, as in mine is on stilts and in no way would I want the door hanging below in the middle of nothing when I can have it raise up into the coop tucked away.

Good thinking outside the "coop" (box) though!
celebrate.gif

Yes I bought mine form AutomaticChickenCoopDoor.com too. I've had it since 2010 (going on 6 years) and it works great! Ive never had any issues with it. I just bought another one from them for my father in-law. He's getting older now and can't be going out in the snow or every day to let the chickens out and put them away everyday. The Automatic Chicken Coop Door helps so much! I'd recommend one to every chicken owner.

Just received and installed the Poultry Butler. It worked perfectly right out of the box.

Installation is simply mounting it to the coop wall with 4 screws, plug it in, and it's done.

Currently we're using the sun sensor feature only.

I read where others had problems, so far, we've had none of those issues.

We bought the same automatic chicken coop door opener. It opened once, second time, lift line snapped and broken. $250 for no workee...... My husband retied the lift line..... Again tried to operate it and it opened, line snapped and it slammed shut.....not good. As far as we are concerned this is a chicken guillotine. We contacted the seller and asked for new line ......he sends a video to set the actuators......and tells us to purchase stronger fishing line... This opener was sold to us as a complete fully constructed system and only needed to screw it in place with a few screws....my husband says fishing line doesn't stay tied in a knot and will undo itself. We have asked for new lift line or a new system or we are sending the entire system back.... No response from him. Thank goodness our chickens are not occupying the coop yet as this was one of the last features we were adding aside from their chandelier for light. I'm afraid my chickens would surely have trust issues if we had been testing it with them already occupying the coop and probably would require chicken therapy from being traumatized.

Not good customer service.. He either puts cheap lift line or rotten cord to save money.....not happy. Today we are going to work on it and if it doesn't function properly, it's going back.

If fishing line wouldn't stay tied in a knot no one would ever catch a fish!!!
I had the same issue initially and received the same instructions from the manufacturer. Once I swapped out to a 20 pound test fishing line and made a quick adjustment to the actuator it has worked flawlessly for the past 5 years.
Perhaps your door is too heavy? The weight of the door should be light enough so that even in th event of a failure it would not hurt a chicken.

Last edited:
Door came in the package. If it is too heavy, it is defective on his part.....What brand fishing line did u purchase. We worked on it today and found that the wooden door was splintered where the lift line was attached to lift it up and got caught and snapped at the pulley in the motor. Don't know how we are going to feed the line back around the pulley and tie it. Tomorrow is a new day. I just think he should replace it with one that works.

Glad to hear that your has been working for five years.....

Back
Top Bottom