• Cochin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pampered chicken girl

🎶My angels and demons at war with myself🎶
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2022
Today I wanted to see what breed you thought was the best true bantam. From things like egg laying abilities, Broodiness, cold hardiness, and demeanor ect. Please explain vote in thread below and we love pics

Remember to please elaborate on you vote down here! We also love pics of you babies

I voted Japanese but I really dont see much difference between the hens. They have similar motherly instincts and demeanors that make them wonderful mothers. Bantam hens make great foster mothers too, I often have them raising other breeds eggs and they raise the babies to full growth.

The Dutch bantam would be my vote for rooster type, but that is the only type I really know.

Only experience I have is with a silkie. Would consider her a decent layer - giving an egg every other day or so, but the egg is small. Definitely nowhere near the capabilities of my full size girls, but she makes up for this by not needing much food or much space. Where she really excels is her broodyness. My silkie girl hatched out 4 of the 5 eggs that she was given and is currently teaching them how to be chickens. Another odd perk is that her pompom limits her field of vision making her much easier to deal with while broody - she will strike at me, but misses most of the hits.

Back
Top Bottom