Best beginner incubator for only a few eggs at a time

cat1994

Songster
9 Years
Sep 12, 2010
Southeast MO
Hi I really like using natural incubation but I heard it was good to have a incubator set up just in case the hen stops being broody or something. So I was wondering what is the best incubator for a frist timer. I really don't know much of anything about incubators. I want one that has a automatic egg turner, that is pretty easy to use. I don't want one that can hold a lot of eggs (I need some way to control how many eggs I hatch
roll.png
or else I would lose all myself control
tongue.png
) I was thinking about one that can hold about 5 or 10 eggs at the most. It also needs to be able to incubate duck eggs. So which incubator do you think would be good for me.

Brinsea MiniAdvance or MiniAdvance EX model. They hold 7 eggs.

I have successfully hatched 4 out of 5 call duck eggs in mine. And lots of baby chicks.

The EX model is pricey, but Stupid Proof (I needed that!) because it has a humidity pump in addition to the auto-turner. It also incubates eggs on their sides, which I've read is best for duck eggs.

I was going yo buy the mini advance, but the brinsea Eco 20 was on sale for $99. Indie buy the auto turn cradle and that was an additional $50 I think. But I was also afraid I would become addicted and want incubate more than 7 at one time. Check the auction I think I saw one there too. Good luck!

Jenfork congrats 100% hatch rate you must be proud!

Back
Top Bottom