best breed of rabbit from posted list for kids?

We are really happy with our 3 mini rex as indoor pets.
all are caged seperately but get out of cage exercise daily. we have 2 girls and 1 boy.
they all have different personalities.
1 female loves to be pet for hours buy anyone!
1 female wants nothing to do with anyone but family.
My daughters male will allow anyone to pet him but does not like to be picked up BUT loves to lay in my daughters lap.

Most of the time a good breeder will know which one would make a great pet rabbit. I would ask him. He may have a certain one out of a litter he thinks would be best.

Of course, take his pick with a grain of salt, but considering he has the hands on experience with the parents personalities, his opinion would definitely be worth something.

Quote:
honestly, I prefer heavy, kids can sit on the floor and lay with them to pet them, pretty much what they do with the cats...I don't really let them pick up the animals, except my 2 oldest. They have to demonstrate responsible behavior and get my permission. They know not to handle them. they also know they can't handle the chicks without mom around and the rules that go with, no exception or they don't get a turn. They are good
wink.png

If you prefer that, then go for it! Like I said, our girl, Bugs is HUGE, no where near full grown (she's about 10 lbs) and she is a big love ball!! Here's a pic of her and my hubby....

82637_phone_025.jpg

Quote:
honestly, I prefer heavy, kids can sit on the floor and lay with them to pet them, pretty much what they do with the cats...I don't really let them pick up the animals, except my 2 oldest. They have to demonstrate responsible behavior and get my permission. They know not to handle them. they also know they can't handle the chicks without mom around and the rules that go with, no exception or they don't get a turn. They are good
wink.png

If you prefer that, then go for it! Like I said, our girl, Bugs is HUGE, no where near full grown (she's about 10 lbs) and she is a big love ball!! Here's a pic of her and my hubby....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/82637_phone_025.jpg

Awesome! I am always drawn to them at the fairs
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom