Best breed to attack hawks

His name is Long.
20240106_092845.jpg
20240106_092856.jpg
20240106_093021.jpg

i googled it and it said shooting hawks in virginia is banned or something stupid like that, but my run covers like a whole 3/4 my backyard so its huge, i dont know what would work for a covered run. This is a very bad screenshpt from a video but from where the red barn starts, and half way down the hill is where the coop ends, also where the pirate ship is so a covered run is practically impossible, or VERY expensiveView attachment 3748257
You could try fishing line. I've heard of it used for large areas like this. You may have to put up a few stakes high enough to keep it above your heads. They can dive in between a few square feet area so I'd run it every foot or so to be sure. They can see it from above and it confuses them. That's the cheapest I can think of. Those that do that, some did nothing more, some hung old cd's or strips of cloth.

I raise Malays, a breed known too be Hawk Fighters due to their high fight drive against predators.
Mine seem to have hatred towards cats, so that's a start.
Maybe start throwing cats around over their heads. Might help them transition from cats to flying predators.

Back
Top Bottom