Best Chicken Names..List yours!

My roo named Chicken Fri
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

My Elvis really doesn't appreciate flows dresses or skirts-it took me a time or 2 of getting flogged while in something flows to figure that out. He also seems to be set off by certain colors and I'm trying to figure those out. I wore lavender yesterday and he and the little banty roo seemed flipped out by it. So weird. I've never held Elvis-he's so heavy and I can't fathom picking him up in daylight hours-I might come away from that with a few holes-not good with shorts weather going on.
1f459.png
Lol. He has 20+ hens to keep him busy, but as flock protector he keeps a weary eye on me. He was definitely taken down a peg or 2 when the hubby took the Spurs down last year. He was just out of control and still had little nubs, but it not only kept him from flogging us, but also helped his fav ladies recover in time for winter.

We have 12 laying hens

6 Leghorns are Daisy, Missy, ivy, flo, Carla, merica

3 cream legbars are Ruby, honey and Cinnamon

2 blue Asians are kit and Barb

1 americauna- real name sapphire but we call her little bit

We have 8 new chicks between 6-8 weeks old, so far we have named 3

2 RIR are Thelma and Louise
1 slw is wynonna

I still have to name the 3 BR and 2 slw....I want to go with salt, pepper and spinderella for my BR's and Lacy for one of my SLW and stuck on the last name.....in time the names will come to me.

We also had a cream legbar Roo that we named General Lee. He died suddenly about a month ago. If one of our RIR's ends up being a Roo we are gonna go with Chester Cooper pot.

Last edited:
My Elvis really doesn't appreciate flows dresses or skirts-it took me a time or 2 of getting flogged while in something flows to figure that out. He also seems to be set off by certain colors and I'm trying to figure those out. I wore lavender yesterday and he and the little banty roo seemed flipped out by it. So weird. I've never held Elvis-he's so heavy and I can't fathom picking him up in daylight hours-I might come away from that with a few holes-not good with shorts weather going on.
1f459.png
Lol. He has 20+ hens to keep him busy, but as flock protector he keeps a weary eye on me. He was definitely taken down a peg or 2 when the hubby took the Spurs down last year. He was just out of control and still had little nubs, but it not only kept him from flogging us, but also helped his fav ladies recover in time for winter.

The way that I broke Stanley of his BS was to do what I label "behavior modification therapy"
gig.gif

Right now, he sees you as a threat. As in, he doesn't trust you. I started this when he was young mind you, the first time he ever came at me. Stanley is huge now but not more than 10 lbs. So, still not too heavy for an adult. The objective: to remove him from what he sees as HIS domain and take him to a place that is unfamiliar. He will be on sensory overload seeing all the unfamiliar things and this forces him to trust YOU to protect him, as he is out of his element. Snatch him up ( i wear a LS hoodie so if he bites, he gets a beak full of fabric), carry him out of the area(by the legs if you have to), and walk around the yard with him. Talk to him in a soothing tone and he'll chill out. Sit with him in your lap, do not let him get up until you are ready to allow him up(establishing that YOU are the head roo) and just be sweet on him. once he's calm enough to sit there on his own accord, you can bring him back. I did this daily for a couple weeks in the beginning, for about 15 minutes or so. He still flips occasionally so when he gets too ornery I just do it again for a couple of days. I also never let him mount a hen in my presence, he gets booted right off. He does not get handed any meal worms, treats or scratch before the ladies, he gets them last. As if I were the roo doling out the treats to my favorite lady first. It's not a 100% fix, but it will de-escalate him to a manageable level.

I also never go in with jewelry on or with painted toes & flip flops anymore!
lol.png
They ALL flip out. And they hate the "blue hands". If I have to dress wounds or anything like that, I usually wear those blue disposable gloves. ;)

I'll stop there so I don't hijack this thread! Hope this may help!

We have 12 laying hens

1 slw is wynonna

I still have to name the 3 BR and 2 slw....I want to go with salt, pepper and spinderella for my BR's and Lacy for one of my SLW and stuck on the last name.....in time the names will come to me.

We also had a cream legbar Roo that we named General Lee. He died suddenly about a month ago. If one of our RIR's ends up being a Roo we are gonna go with Chester Cooper pot.

Thelma and Louise! so fun!

We have 12 laying hens

1 slw is wynonna

I'll have to borrow the name Wynonna Wyandotte. Too cute.

Hers my flock of 13 hens and 1 rooster along with 2 male guinea fowl.

Cinnamon queens:
Red
Cinnamon
Apercot
April

Cochin's:
Boots
Buttons
Blueberry

Barred rock:
Mabel

Rir:
Barney

Red star:
Peaches

Red ranger: male padro

EE:
Pellow

Old English game mix: speckles

And my o have no clue:
Pickle Bob ( wanted to be named pickles or Bob so picklebob)

Guinea fowl:
( both males)
Frankie
Peter

And I have got 4 polish chicks coming April I've got names for a mabey

Grahmcracker (buff rooster)
Peanut (buff hen)
Frodo (golden laced hen)
Poptart ( female white top blue)

We have 5 RIR and 5 Austrolorps,
The 5 RIR are:
-Buffy, the egg layer
-Harry Potter (not a girls name, but she had a lightning shaped mark her head :) )
-Heidi Klum
-Dana Scully
-Hermione Granger

And the 5 Austrolorps are:
-Amelia Egghart
-Sawyer Ford
-Hunter
-Brick (from the show The Middle)
-Cleopatra (she seemed to have eyeliner around her eyes like Cleopatra)

Back
Top Bottom