Best chicken waterer?

I've had bad experiences with this waterer... If you are not careful, the base easily spins out from the top, causing a minor flood in the chicken run...
I'm currently looking to replace this annoyance of a device with something better.

Is there a minimum age or size for the birds to use the nipple watering devices? How do you go about training them? I just had a friend give me two hens and I'm needing to learn all about taking care of them.

Is there a minimum age or size for the birds to use the nipple watering devices? How do you go about training them? I just had a friend give me two hens and I'm needing to learn all about taking care of them.

No age, size limits. My chicks use them - I usually put a traditional waterer in the brooder and a nipple waterer. By the time they are ready to go to the grow out coop - they have all perfected the art of using the nipples (and thats the only drinker they use in the grow out coop).

You can tap the nipple and let them see water coming out of it - they are inquisitive, so they will get the hang of it.

Back
Top Bottom