1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

best cocci treatment

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by DaniLovesChickens, Nov 12, 2010.

1. DaniLovesChickens

DaniLovesChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Michigan
    My chickens tested positive for cocci. Which treatment does everyone think is the best (at what strength) and how long would the egg withdrawal time be?

It's kind of a relief to know what's going on. I have pullets, 1 1/2 year olds and up. None of them are dying although my older bantam rooster is fairly sick. Cocci does explain the variety of symptoms we have going on. I have 1 1/2-year-old Buff Orpington hens that haven't laid eggs since before the summer heat.

We sell eggs. We have about 40 hens that should lay and are getting anywhere from 14 - 19 eggs per day. My husband is about ready to start killing hens! Uggghhhhh!!!!

I really need something that will work and hopefully quickly (safely). I would like to not have a huge egg withdrawal time if we can help it!

Thanks for the help!

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by