Best Coccidiosis Cures?

Jewels82

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2023
Has anyone in here had successful coccidiosis cures? I've been giving corrid but we've lost about 2 of the 50 we have. I thought we were over it but we lost another and more seemed hunched up although it's hard to tell because they're about 5 weeks and the feathers looked fluffed anyways at this stage.

I just today gave them all "magic water"(ACV, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 1/2 cup honey in a gallon of water) to see if that might help and then plan to follow with just ACV in water when the gallon is gone. Any advice would be much appreciated!

I would not give them a garlic, apple cider vinegar, water drink if they were mine.
Garlic can actually be harmful to birds.

Exactly how much Corid have you been mixing with? How much water?

Which exact feed are you using and are you offering any treats or vitamins?

I would not give them a garlic, apple cider vinegar, water drink if they were mine.
Garlic can actually be harmful to birds.

Exactly how much Corid have you been mixing with? How much water?

Which exact feed are you using and are you offering any treats or vitamins?
It seems like the magic water is actually helping, they all seem more alert today. I was using a tsp of Corid in the smaller waterers which I think are a quart each. I've been using Dumor complete chick starter chick crumbles and they have access to the guineas turkey/gamebird crumbles which the only difference is a higher protein content. I was also giving them Rooster Booster in their water occasionally because I read they shouldn't have it on a regular basis. It's vitamins, electrolytes and lactobacillus.

It seems like the magic water is actually helping, they all seem more alert today. I was using a tsp of Corid in the smaller waterers which I think are a quart each. I've been using Dumor complete chick starter chick crumbles and they have access to the guineas turkey/gamebird crumbles which the only difference is a higher protein content. I was also giving them Rooster Booster in their water occasionally because I read they shouldn't have it on a regular basis. It's vitamins, electrolytes and lactobacillus.

The magic water is NOT what's helping. You are lucky they aren't getting worse from it.
These are chicken chicks you are raising correct?

Turkey game bird starter is really too high of a protein % for them.
Too high protein can cause problems too.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...ol-ampromed-the-correct-amprolium-dose.73341/

I tried coxoid (corid/amprolium) and it didn’t work, all it does is break down vit b1 which coccidia need to survive, caffeine and tannins also do this and you can still eat the eggs.

Remove the water and replace with a 50:50 mix of homemade whole milk kefir, homemade kombucha and (for quail the chick dose) Verm-x which is a mixture of garlic and herbs designed for poultry.

Complete recovery in 3 days.

Back
Top Bottom