Best Egg Laying Breeds - Southern Chicken Keepers Only!!!

Apr 17, 2019
Florida ⭐️
Hey y’all! I am wanting to add more chickens to my flock. However, I want to know what chickens lay well for y’all (SOUTHERN CHICKEN OWNERS ONLY, Since I am in the south). I am not looking for fancy looks or feather colors just egg laying ability.

I have been looking strongly at the Novogen White and Novoven Brown chickens. My Leghorns do very well and so do my Australourps I was just curious what birds do well for y’all? All colored egg layers. (Cream Legbars?)

(Photo for attention only, please do not use my photo)

Attachments

• 825767FE-ADD2-47A8-8032-EE4981A7A8BB.jpeg
    825767FE-ADD2-47A8-8032-EE4981A7A8BB.jpeg
    426.5 KB · Views: 51
My olive egger lays EXTREMELY well. She is a cross between Whiting True Blue and some kind of Maran. Whiting True Blues are a cross between Ameraucana and White Leghorn. My Australorps are amazing layers as well. My Blue Sapphire Gem is a fairly good layer too, she lays I think 4 eggs a week and they are large size. I am from the South as well. Hope this helps! :)

My olive egger lays EXTREMELY well. She is a cross between Whiting True Blue and some kind of Maran. Whiting True Blues are a cross between Ameraucana and White Leghorn. My Australorps are amazing layers as well. My Blue Sapphire Gem is a fairly good layer too, she lays I think 4 eggs a week and they are large size. I am from the South as well. Hope this helps! :)
Thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom