?best egg position in incubator

longranger

Songster
10 Years
Apr 23, 2009
laguna hills CA
Assuming that room is not an issue is there an advantage in incubating your eggs horizontal vs vertical? Certainly in the nest they are horizontal. Curious to see peoples experiences. Search netted zero.

Carton hatching! Or incubating. One or the other.

I haven't tried carton method, annndd most likely never will! I just prefer the ol' naturale side eggies.

i have hatched duckies and chicks in the egg cartons. thats the only way i will from now on. no problems, and no egg soccer.

hey big dawg, just to verify --I incubate in cartons---- fiberboard ---- cut the bottoms out of them for air curculation--- then last time I took them out of the cartons and laid them down the last 3 days.
but-- I think you used egg soccor as a good discription--new chicks kicking eggs all around--
SO---you leave them in the cartons to hatch---let them pip and kick the top off to get out?---I really think that would work.---I wonder if some of my chicks didn't get rolled around and oriented wrong and drowned in egg.---is my thinking flawed? I'd like to try it this time.

Back
Top Bottom