Best for dog run?

Quote:
I heard vinegar.

Just vinegar or vinegar water mix?

I think straight so it is as strong as possible but I only use it in little spots where they have an accident on my kitchen, bathroom floor smooth surfaces. You want it as strong as possible to fight the urine smell I would think but you might need a lot for a pole?

Good luck!

Lime works wonders for the smell. Pea gravel is much better for a dogs feet than cement. It actually massages the feet, strengthens the pasterns, feet and toes, etc. Cement is hard on the feet, can break down their pasterns, etc.

Quote:
Concrete break down the pasterns? I have absolutely never heard anything like that. Nor have I seen any proof of that.
hmm.png
Concrete shaves a nice short nail, yes. Slippery when wet. Yes. But foot problems? Nope.

THANKS!!!
If it wasnt for you telling me not to use hydrated lime I wouldve used it
the guy at the store that sells all kinds of livestock stuff told me to use it.
I asked him and told him i needed lime to put down in my dog run to get rid of the smell - he tried to convince me to buy stall dry - i know it works but its very expensive.
I told him no i want the lime that you can use for your garden and for taking down the smell in runs and stuff
he told me it was agricultral lime I wanted.
I got home read the label - wear gloves a mask and dont let it touch your skin. I thought well thats not right . came on here and saw your advice.
My poor puppies if I hadnt!!!
so today I go back and bring him his lime and give him an earful.

he told me it was agricultral lime I wanted.
I got home read the label - wear gloves a mask and dont let it touch your skin. I thought well thats not right . came on here and saw your advice.

What he told you is correct.

Hydrated Lime is NOT "AG" lime Hydrated is more caustic, especially when wet

ALL types say not to breath the dust or get it on your skin.
Once it's in the dog pen and gets all little moisture on it, dust won't be a problem​

Back
Top Bottom