Best Gift Ever Received

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
I know for me this a toss up. As a child, we had no money. We drank powdered milk! And for Christmas when I was 6, my mom made me a Snow White dress, refurbished a dressing table with mirrors, made me some shoes and all kinds of stuff for my hair. that is a childhood memory I will never forget.

As an adult, July 14, 2008 I received my engagement ring from my fiance on bended knee in a gazebo in Big Bear.
love.gif

Well, I'd have to say my best gift was my engagement ring, as well.

My husband had taken me to the jewelry shop and let me pick out my ring, and since I can't wear yellow gold, they had to special order the ring. Said it would be in in about 7-10 days.

He wanted it to be in for Valentine's day, we had a huge night planned. It was supposed to be in on the 12th. He lived in the attic at his parent's house while we were dating, and we were sitting and watching TV and the phone rang downstairs. His Mom said it was for him, he went down, answered it, and came up and said the jewelry shop had called, the ring had been delayed, it wouldn't be in until the 20th.

I was so disappointed. We went out for Valentine's, and when we were finished eating our meal, he got down on one knee in front of the whole restaurant and pulled out the ring. Proposed, I was so shocked to see the ring, I almost forgot to say yes, LOL. The whole restaurant applauded. It was wonderful.

Turns out, his mom and him had made up the whole plan to surprise me. She had called the home phone from his cell phone that night, and they had made up the story about the ring being delayed so I wouldn't be expecting it.

He's always doing stuff like that.
*sniff* Now I'm all nostalgic.
smile.png

Em

Awww that is so sweet!!! Our engagement was very memorable as well. It wasn't a surprise, but I knew he had that ring for at least 3 months and was waiting for the right time, so I never knew when it would happen! The setting was gorgeous. Brand new grass around the gazebo that was cordoned off. He got special permission from the owner to do it.

I'm not saying it's the best gift I've ever received but it's the most thoughtful gift.
I love Prince of Wales hot tea, they don't sell it here anymore though, that I've found. My Principal was in San Antonio last year and found a specialty shop that carried it and bought me several boxes, just because she wanted to. There was no special occasion or party, just because she thought of me.

Hmmm. The sweetest thing. I was searching for polish (I love them)
And I was surprised to find that my Mom bought some frizzle polish eggs from somebody whom I was admiring (before) for their birds.
She was gone one day, I was cleaning the house. And I hurd the mail lady honk her horn. I was so excited. I ran out there, ripped the box to shreds. Not knowing what they were. Well when I opened it I actually broke into tears and jumped up and down with excitement.

That was the coolest thing I have ever gotten.

Back
Top Bottom