Best Hatcheries???

kgirl97

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2015
Im looking to get good meat chickens like jumbo cornishX. What are rhe best hatcheries that have fast growing, meaty CX?

Im looking to get good meat chickens like jumbo cornishX. What are rhe best hatcheries that have fast growing, meaty CX?

All of the major hatcheries sell Cornish cross, and all of the Cornish cross are extremely fast growers, ready for butchering in 8 weeks. In fact, if you wait much beyond that, they begin to develop serious heath problems due to their abnormal growth rates. I would suggest ordering Cornish cross chicks from the hatchery that is closest to you so they will have less distance to travel in the mail. What area of the country do you live in?

From Alabama, I would suggest ordering the Cornish Rocks (Cornish cross) from Ideal Poultry in Cameron, Texas. I ordered 25 Cornish Rocks from them when I lived on the big island of Hawaii and received them with only 1 casualty in the box; and since they put 2 extra in the box, I got one more than I paid for. It should be a relatively easy ship for them from Cameron to Alabama.

Back
Top Bottom