1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

best hatchery for salmon faverolles?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by KathrynB, Apr 24, 2012.

1. tiny529

tiny529 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    I got mine from Ideal as well. Two of my girls have really dark chests and one has a light, almost peach colored chest. One of the two boys has NO fluff on his cheeks or neck! I love the poofy faces on the others!

2. organiccrystal

organiccrystal New Egg

Dec 9, 2012
    I got my Salmon Faverolles from Cackle Hatchery and I really like how they have turned out. They are funny hens and seems to have a very quirky personality.
    [​IMG]

3. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    That is a nice looking hens for a hatchery.

4. billyb

billyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2012
    Cleveland, OH
    Are the pictures on your website the chickens from your stock?

5. wantedman66

wantedman66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    connecticut
    For anyone interested do not order a salmon favorolle from Mpc you will be extremely disappointed I ordered what was supposed to be a male but turned out to be a extremely ugly hen,she has a sweet personality but looks nothing like it's supposed too,but I will say they did refund me for the mistake but I was very disappointed over the quality.

6. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Meyer has a reputation for producing not only badly colored hens, but also ones with deformities and mental issues. I personally would not recommend ordering the breed from a hatchery, because it is an admitedly high maintenance one to breed (the genetics are difficult to maintain).

With this breed, I would stick to BYC members. Cloverleaf has EXCELLENT birds, and I can personally attest that she is a seriously nice lady as well. I personally got my birds from a breeder in Texas, but would go to Cloverleaf the next time I need more Favs.

Here's the hens I got:

[​IMG]

Very much worth getting purebreds when it comes to Favs. They can be gorgeous if the genes are good.

7. billyb

Mar 17, 2012
    Cleveland, OH
    What does "Mpc" stand for?

8. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012

It stands for the hatchery named My Pet Chicken... mypetchicken.com

9. billyb

Mar 17, 2012
    Cleveland, OH
    Oh okay thanks! Do you know anything about Meyer Hatchery.

10. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    I've seen very good reviews about them and I ordered 15 chicks from them to come May 21, 2013 for the first time, so I hope they're good! One more thing: I would order to a hatchery pretty close to you in warm weather to hopefully decrease DOAs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by