Best incubator for hatching quail eggs

does this one you rec automatically rotate? is automatic rotation necessary for quail eggs?
Yes, to both of your questions, not necessarily automactic turning, if you want to turn by hand but it's simpler, safer and saves time and you don't have to worry about "did I turn the eggs" or the worrying about lifting the lid and letting the humidity and heat escape.

The Pro Series 4250 comes with an automatic turner but with chicken size egg rails, you will need to get 'quail egg rails' to swap out the chicken rails. It's simple and easy to do.
If you have the time to wait, look around on-line, there are other distributors with lower prices than TSC or Amazon.

I'm certainly in no position to tell anyone which is the best, but this is the one I bought to try my hand at hatching quail.

https://www.amazon.com/Brinsea-Products-Advance-Automatic-Incubator/dp/B01N56NGS8

The link shows $208 for it, but I paid $170 in early April. Gotta love this transitory inflation.

I've only used it twice, for quail, and had an 80% hatch rate the first go (10 out of 12 eggs were fertilized, and eight hatched), and a 100% hatch rate the second time (seven of nine eggs were fertilized, and all seven hatched).

I have 10 eggs in it now, with five days left on the clock.

#fingerscrossed

Back
Top Bottom