Best Incubator for Seramas/Silkies/&Sml Birds

chickieshealing

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 28, 2011
Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand
Hi, I wanted to start breeding my small birds, and possibly some bigger ones too. I wanted to focus on the small ones though, like Seramas, Mille Fleurs, Silkies, Jap Black tail. I may get into the bigger ones later as well though, so I wanted to get an incubator good for what I mentioned, but also not completely limited to small birds. Any suggestions?

I love my Brinsea, although some people have had trouble with their customer service. Still, my hatches are always great and I barely have to worry about temps or humidity.

I just ordered a small egg turning plate for my Brinsea Mini Advance which will give it a 12 egg capacity. I love my Brinsea. It's pretty much set it and forget it except for adding water for humidity. I can't wait to hatch some banty eggs with it.

Quote: You'll have to let us know if bantam eggs fit in the 12-egg tray. I've been really tempted to order one but have been afraid that the holes would be too small or too close together for my Silkie eggs.

Okay, yeah looks perfect for the different size eggs. My only question is why does the egg turner turn every hour? Isn't that to much turning...or is there no such thing as too much turning until the end?

The Mini Advance's turn rate is adjustable through the programing. I left mine at the default which I think is one hour and my results have been fine. Mine is set up to stop turning at day 18.

Back
Top Bottom